Writer & Blogger, I'm the It Girl.
Personality: Winona Ryder. Album: LCD Soundsystem, Sound of Silver. Designer: Cristobal Balenciaga. Colour: Yellow. Astrological Sign: Taurus.
As a regular contributor to Flare magazine and Vitamin Daily Vancouver, not to mention her own site I'm the It Girl and the many other titles that she has written for, Anya is one of the country's most prolific writers on both the fashion & beauty beat. Weighing in from the west coast, the style setter shares what makes her personal style tick.
Do you prefer to dress for an occasion or for everyday?
Definitely occasion. I have a home office so there's not much incentive to dress up (answering this question in "home jeans" two sizes too big).
Would you rather be overdressed or underdressed?
Underdressed. Overdressed can look desperate.
Do you have a signature style or do you prefer to keep 'em guessing?
I do. It's very crisp and streamlined. Every season I'll get at least two pieces out of my comfort zone, just to keep things interesting. My last purchase was silk trousers with printed green peppers.
Your all-time favourite outfits:
1. Is it too cheesy to say my wedding dress? It was a two piece Lanvin, so, yeah, very special.
2. I rarely get dressed up in Vancouver, so I love The Room events for that very reason. Although, even then, I so rarely deviate from my beloved black & white combos. I love the Max Mara and Roland Mouret combo I wore to the Mugler event – I was a good match for Nicola Formichetti.
Your top three celeb style moments:
1. Björk's swan dress, 2011 Academy Awards (I don't care what anyone says, this dress was amazing!)
2. Elizabeth Hurley in safety pin Versace, 1994.
3. Carolyn Bessette Kennedy in an oversized white dress shirt at the Whitney Museum of American Art Fundraising Gala, 1999.
What would you buy with an unexpected windfall?
An Alaïa dress at The Room. Not that I own anything Alaïa, but if I had a few grand to throw around, that's what I'd get.
Heels or flats?
Will you suffer for fashion or should it be comfortable? Is there an occasion that you will break this rule?
I've learnt over the years which shoe designers make the most comfortable shoes, so I rarely ever suffer.
Always stylish or does even fashion need to take a break? Any exceptions?
One should be allowed to wear whatever they want when being physically active.
Team Anna (Wintour) or Team Carine (Roitfeld)?
Can I choose Grace? No? Carine, I think – she's messier and I like that.