Founder & Creator, Ellie Mae.
Personality: Right now my fave is Nick Grimshaw (Grimmy). Album: Take Me Home, One Direction. Designer: Rag & Bone, Free People and Sam & Lavi. Colour: Green. Astrological Sign: Capricorn.
Her eponymous line of precious & semi-precious jewellery is a beautiful collection that easily works with other pieces but also stands on its own. Believed by many to have natural healing properties and energy, these gemstones are type of pieces that you wear everyday with everything. I met Ellie Mae at her recent collection preview and loved her easy & stylish outfit, and, of course, her baubles – so I had to know the inspiration behind her personal style. Here are the deets.
Do you prefer to dress for an occasion or for everyday?
I prefer to dress for everyday because you have more options and can experiment more with your outfits.
Would you rather be overdressed or underdressed?
This all depends on what I'm overdressed or underdressed for.
Do you have a signature style or do you prefer to keep 'em guessing?
I don't think that I have a signature style. I dress myself everyday with how I'm feeling, my clothes are a huge outlet for me.
Your all time favourite outfits:
1. I wore an Alice + Olivia baby blue lace dress to a wedding earlier this year and I loved the colour and how comfortable it was.
2. I love my black leather pants when I wear a plain white tee, colourful cocktail necklace and my Chanel chain necklace & lace up wedge bootie.
3. My everyday look is always a favourite of mine, always in my Dolce Vita cowboy boots, jeans and either a jumper or a tee on top. Of course with all of these outfits my wrists are covered in Ellie Mae bracelets.
Your top three celeb style moments:
1. Jennifer Lawrence at the 2011 Oscars. She looked like a rocket in that red dress.
2. Kate Hudson at this year's Golden Globes in that black key hole Alexander McQueen dress.
3. Last but not least, 2002 Britney Spears in Versace at a Versace event, Britney in her prime was my everything.
What's on you summer shopping list?
1. Christian Louboutin patent leather smoking slippers.
2. A jumper from Topshop called the "Kn
itted Cat Burglar" jumper in baby blue.
3. Rag & Bone bomber jacket varsity jacket in black.
Heels or flats?
Boots, booties & cowboy boots.
Will you suffer for fashion or should it be comfortable? Is there an occasion that you will break this rule?
The only fashion I will ever suffer for is shoes. I would never wear something that made me feel uncomfortable. I feel like it is written all over your face when you're in something you don't want to be in.
Always stylish or does even fashion need to take a break?
I'd be lying if I thought I was always stylish but I'm always in something that I want to be in and enjoying the outfit.
How long does it take you to get ready on an average day? how about a special occasion?
Dry shampoo saves my life. It usually takes me about 15 to 20 minutes to get ready.
Team Anna (Wintour) or Team Carine (Roitfeld)?
Team Carrie Bradshaw.