Model: Cindy Crawford. Personality: Marilyn Monroe & Patrick Demarchelier. Album: ABBA's Greatest Hits, anything from the Costes Hotel or Kanye's Yeezus. Designer: Victoria Beckham, Céline, Proenza Schouler, Miu Miu, Greta Constantine and Saint Laurent. Colour: Black. Astrological Sign: I'm a true Aquarius.
At the helm of one of Canada's most prestigious agencies' is president and founder Natasha Koifman. Highly respected for her contribution to the industry and the high profile events, launches and previews that her company is known for, she is a weekly contributor to the Huffington Post, the PR expert on NewsTalk 1010 and was named as "One of the Most Innovative People in North America" by BizBash. Beyond the gloss, is a passion for causes that make a difference, as seen in her role as the Chair of the Board at Artists for Peace and Justice Canada. Perhaps most impressive – she does all of this in an enviable designer monochromatic wardrobe and heels to die for. Today, she chats with The Style House about her personal style.
Do you prefer to dress for an occasion or for everyday?
In New York, I prefer everyday dressing, because every day in New York feels like an occasion. In Toronto, I like to dress up for special occasions because it's not every day that there is one.
Would you rather be overdressed or underdressed?
Underdressed and over layered.
Do you have a signature style or do you prefer to keep 'em guessing?
My signature style is monochromatic black with pops of silver and gold accessories. Somehow it became my thing.
Your all-time favourite outfits:
1. C Daily shoot – Rick Owens leather and tunic paired with Chanel necklace from the Bombay Paris collection.
2. Fashion Cares – Monique Lhuillier.
3. Women of Influence – leather dress by The Row.
4. Holt Renfrew Fashion Week event – Michael Kors tunic, Vince leather leggings and Céline shoes.
5. Dare to Wear Love – dress by Greta Constantine.
6. Patrick Demarchelier shoot – Vince tunic and leather leggings and Louboutin heels.
7. Paws for a Cause – Rag & Bone jacket.
8. Amfar Gala – Dolce & Gabbana dress and Alan Anderson jewellery.
9. Norman Wong shoot – Barbara Bui dress.
Your top three celeb style moments:
1. Jennifer Lopez in a vintage mint green one-shoulder showstopper at the 2003 Oscars.
2. Marilyn Monroe at a photo shoot with Bert Stern six weeks before her death in nothing but a bed sheet.
3. Victoria Beckham every day since 2008.
What's on you shopping list for fall?
For fall, I'm all about the coats. My closet is stocked for the season with J. Mendel, a Saint Laurent leather trench, a Céline leather and pony dress and Givenchy coat with gold detailing.
Heels or flats?
Heels & Converse.
Will you suffer for fashion or should it be comfortable? Is there an occasion that you will break this rule?
No, I always choose to be comfortable. The more comfortable you are, the more confident you are, and the more confident you are, the more fashionable you look.
Always stylish or does even fashion need to take a break?
There are no exceptions... I even wear pretty black things to bed! Agent Provocateur and La Perla.
On an average day, how long does it take you to get out the door? How about a special occasion?
On an average day, from the shower to the door, I'm out in 30 minutes. For special occasions, it's an extra 15 minutes on top of that.
Team Anna (Wintour) or Team Carine (Roitfeld)?
I'm going to play both sides, and say Team Anna for her mind, tenacity and forward thinking, and Team Carine for her style.